Breaking Down The Technology
Dragon Road Works offers a “Thermal Bond Repair” process utilizing infrared technology to heat the affected area and perform an asphalt repair “insitu” or plainly said; right in place without removing the damaged or deteriorated asphalt.
Traditional methods such as: “cut and patch” and “mill and fill” remove existing damaged or deteriorated asphalt and replace with new asphalt. Both these methods create “cold joints” between the new and existing asphalt. These joints are porous and are guaranteed to fail prematurely due to water infiltration and freeze and thaw cycles.
Our “Thermal Bond Repair” process leaves a seamless homogenous surface that has no more porosity than the neighboring asphalt surface.
WHY PAY TO HAUL YOUR PAVEMENT AWAY?!
INFRARED PAVEMENT REPAIR IS YOUR OBVIOUS CHOICE!
- Utilizes infrared technology to heat the damaged or deteriorated asphalt
- New asphalt is mixed in to existing asphalt with a binding agent
- Allows for an asphalt repair in place, no removing of old asphalt
- Lower carbon footprint (less equipment required, no return trips required to complete repair, no discarding of asphalt
- Quick: most general repairs can be completed in under an hour
- Less disruption to pedestrian and vehicle traffic
- Allows for the addition of more asphalt to existing to repair “sagging”, “bird baths”, or redirection of surface water
- Creates a homogenous joint, a seamless surface is left with no cold joints!